Wednesday, May 4, 2016

"Take 2", Day 1 - posted by WOW Wifey/photos and captions by WOW


As noted in the previous post, Mike did get his trail name before getting off last week. He is called WOW for Walking Off the War! I will follow suit and now be WOW Wifey!!

Here's some shots from his first day back at it. The first three were sent to me from our trail angel and good friend Keith, after he so graciously drove WOW back to Pennsylvania. The remainder were sent from WOW and I believe are representative of the how most people probably envision the Appalachian Trail. (Versus the boulders he traversed in Maryland! See "Making Progress" post.) WOW encountered lots of "firsts" on his first day back on the trail!!!

Footbridge over PA 11 where WOW put back in

On the trail again . . .

Here I come!

Thanks for everything Keithy!

My first stile

Keeping out of the mud

Look at all the May apples!

Nice bridge!

My first tunnel!

Now that's more like it!

At least there's some dirt between these rocks!

A Scenic Pennsylvania Valley

The Taj Mahal Privy

Thanks for following along! We'll keep you updated along the way!


No comments:

Post a Comment