Saturday, April 2, 2016

Who are we? Who? Who? Posted by Anne (Hikey Wifey) and Hikey Mikey/Shaker Boy



I guess it is time for some official introductions here! Thus far, its just been some practice and the start of a long learning curve! Here's Who we are:


I'm Anne, the Wifey of Hikey Mikey/Shaker Boy or whatever his trail name winds up being! I will be sharing things from my, behind the scenes, perspective. First off, I'm going to start by sharing many of the things we've been working on in the past several months in preparation. After the hike starts and I receive updates along the way, I will share those with you. (pictures, videos, progress on trail, antidotes, trail trivia, facts about veterans of the Vietnam, Irag and Afghanistan wars, etc.) I expect this blog to evolve throughout the next 6+ months, so this is just my best guess at this point in time! I will post as frequent as time allows, once I'm back in Ohio and getting the hang of being the Hikey Wifey!! **********************************************************************************************************
Hikey Mikey?Shaker Boy or ??? says: Not sure what my trail name will be. We will let that work itself out. My job will be primarily to hike the 2180 miles of the Appalachian Trail. Along the way I will be doing my best to promote awareness of PTSD and my website www.walkingoffthewar.org. My t-shirt will make me a walking billboard.


I also have pens promoting my cause and my website which I will distribute in each of the more than 250 shelters along the trail. I will be taking videos probably every day and sending them back to my wife for her to post here. These videos will try to give an idea of what life is like on the trail, what the scenery is like, as well as what the people are like. It is said that the interaction with people is one of the greatest joys of the trail and I am looking forward to experiencing it. I am basically a quiet and shy person so this will definitely draw me out of my comfort zone. I hope that you will enjoy following me and that I can get you to think a little bit about PTSD, the epidemic that has an effect on close to one million veterans. Enjoy the ride!! **********************************************************************************************************
We have also asked a few family members and friends to be contributors to this site along the way. We'll allow them to introduce themselves as the mood strikes them! So be sure to check the "posted by" in the title!

No comments:

Post a Comment